Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Exerpt from my new book The Canadian Woman's Survival Guide to Divorce

    Two of the best decisions in my life have been to get married and get divorced.  Where some may wish that they had the foresight to avoid the trip down the aisle, I however wouldn’t change a thing. And for the simple reason that I wouldn’t have learned anything.  All throughout my dating life (pre-marriage and divorce) I made a lot of mistakes in the men I chose to get involved with. When my Ex-husband and I started to seriously date after being friends and at some points lovers throughout the years since high school, I became pregnant. I was shocked of course but happy because of a diagnosis many years earlier that I would never likely be able to have children. I can only attribute it to the healthy lifestyle that I at the time had adopted. His reaction was not what I hoped it would be at the time but I recognize his fear at the time was only because he had gotten out of a serious relationship that had spanned a few years and he already had a son who at this point was about 3 and a half years old. His shock and fear at failing again at a relationship prompted his response that we had to get married. Being a very emotional person especially at that time I agreed and what ensued was the best of times and the worst of times.

No comments: